Subject: Re: The Business of BML
From: [email-masked] (Dave Barnard)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 16:18:01 -0700

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

 [email-masked] said:

>However, I am putting in 100+ hours a week between my "job" and my
>business, and sales of BML for Modeler are pathetic.  So, it comes down to
>the same question that every small business owner faces, a matter of
>ratios:  how much money (toys, incentives, etc.) is enough to keep me from
>getting fed up with the excessive effort it takes?

I appreciate your position Bob.

Presently I am animating and doing video production work to support
myself through a Masters Degree. I also teach 3D animation and am 
hoping to to use Lightwave as the main program in the near future.

For people like myself and educational institutions the price for 
the full BML release is not easily afforded, especially after the
purchase cost of Lightwave itself.

Perhaps the runtime only version should become a lower cost 
commercial product - then you will get a return for your hard 
work, script developers will feel happier about releasing compiled
scripts, and Lightwave and its community of users will gain more 
useful tools.

Comments?

>--- Dave ---<

[email-masked]